This is my 52nd blog post. And having published two posts each week since the start, that means I’ve been on my sabbatical and keeping up this blog for half a year!
This achievement got me thinking of other milestones I’ve hit during this sabbatical:
- I completed a unit in coding lessons and did a full web project (albeit a simple one) in my exploration of web development.
- I planned and shot my first film.
- I helped develop and launch a podcast.
- I went back to school.
- I originated not one but TWO new, meaty roles on stage.
- I got healthy – losing a significant amount of weight and getting into a regular exercise routine.
But in addition to looking back, milestones are also a good time to take stock, look ahead, and think about how I want to continue on in this journey. Some new things I want to tackle in the next six months:
- Do an internship or part-time work in one of the careers areas I’m exploring, in order to get real-world experience.
- Take on at least one freelance gig so that I can better understand that process.
- Put together a business plan for at least one of the many entrepreneurial endeavors I have in mind.
- Create my acting website.
- Overcome technological limitations to plan, shoot and edit my first full film.
Another big change moving forward: for the time being, I’m going to scale back my blogs to once a week, every Friday.
I find that I’ve gotten to the point where my exploration of careers is now more in-depth and drawn out. This means I don’t always have new discoveries multiple times a week, and I’ve often found myself digging for blog post ideas. I hope that by switching to once a week, I can dedicate the time to writing more thoughtful and meaningful posts.
So with that … see you next Friday!